Sunday, April 6, 2008

Photoshop World - Day Four

Up at 5:30am, if you've been following the posts that means I am damn tired at this point and hope I can make it through the day. Classes were great again and again they kept me awake. Some of these classes they do are full on real world experience type classes like the one from the morning, The Art of Photographing Women. In this class they had a photographer and a model from California and they did a full on model shoot from start to finish, light setup, posing, everything that would go on in a live shoot which was so great. From there they took 3 of the best photos from the shoot and did a class on retouching later in the day. These classes were just another thing that made the event more than worthwhile, you just can't get this kind of broad based intense training anywhere else.

Today I had an opportunity to sit with Joe McNally and review my portfolio. It is just so great that a guy like this will take the time to sit with any one of over 3000 attendees and give his thoughts on my work and where to go with it. I can't say enough to thank him for that, I can only take everything he said and apply it to what I do in the future and you can believe that those few minutes will make a world of difference in where I go from here with my work.

I don't think I can say anything else about the influence this conference has had on me but I can't wait to get started on the future! Keep an eye out for future photography posts as I have a bunch of assignments and studies I will be doing as the next step in my photography career.

No comments: