Friday, April 4, 2008

Photoshop World - Day Three

Talk about a long day. Up at 3:30am to get to the convention center by 5:30am to get in line for Midnight Madness tickets. It was way too early but we all had a good time and kept each other awake during the two hour wait. Once the day got started I was afraid that I might be sleeping through some of the lessons but the classes were so great that I soon forgot that I was tired. As I said before this was my first time at Photoshop World and what a conference. This was amazing, the level of expertise at this conference was unbelievable.

One of my classes taught by a great wedding photographer, David Ziser, who was just awesome. Some of my portfolio reviewers have been saying that I break a lot of rules with my photography but that it works a lot of the time. In this class he teaches 60 rules in 60 minutes and from what I understand once I know the rules I'm allowed to break them. I also had an opportunity to have David Ziser review my portfolio and I have to say thank you for taking the time out of your day and sharing your thoughts with me. Each one of these reviews is playing a very important part in my finding my voice as a photographer and it has been just a wonderful experience.

The classes taught were not even the end of it. Today we had a special event called The Art of Photography and there are not words to describe the impact this event had on me. This was the most amazing event of the entire conference. A panel of 8 of the most talented photographers including the likes of Joe McNally, Moose Peterson and Jay Maisel were all there to show off the photos that make them love their work and their art. The impact this had on me as a photographer will forever influence my work. If you were to pay for and go to this conference for only this one thing it was money well spent. That being said take 4 days of hands on instruction from some of the top people in the design and photography industries plus a tech expo showcasing the latest technologies and wow!

To top off the day remember that line I was sitting in at 5:30am, well those tickets were for Midnight Madness which was that night! Yeah I know, I did the math too and yes it was a loooong day! The event was a lot of fun and on the way back to my car I took some time to see what I could capture if I put some of the techniques and concepts from the days teachings into action. Needless to say I didn't get back home until 2:30am.

No comments: